Laptop Under Budget is supported by its readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more

61 thoughts on “Top 10 Best Laptops for Video Editing – Our Most Recommended Laptops for YouTube & Film Editing”

1. Milton Mojica says:

Tell me which one should I go with for video editing in Sony Vegas Pro (mostly):

1- Dell XPS 15 9560 4K UHD TOUCHSCREEN Intel Core i7-7700HQ 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Nvidia GTX 1050 4GB GDDR5 Windows 10 Home

2- ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 4K Touchscreen Laptop, Intel Core i7-7700HQ, Gaming GeForce GTX 1050, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD+1TB HDD, 15.6” UHD (3840 x 2160) WideView, Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint,N580VD-DS76T

3- Razer Blade Stealth 13.3″ QHD+ Touchscreen Ultrabook (8th Generation Intel Quad Core i7-8550U, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD) – Black

Please I need an answer ASAP…

I’ll be editing ads and most of them will be in the 1080p category but i don’t want to have problems handling a 4k resolution video if I need to… Thanks

1. Mike Johnson says:

Dell XPS 15

2. Gastón says:

Hi im looking for a laptop which i can edit using Premiere and After Effects on high quality, without any lag, and “quick” export time, also to use on the daily basis and to do a little bit of gaming my budget is 700 dollars. Thanks

1. Mike Johnson says:

Hi,
      I would recommend you to get this Dell Inspiron 7567 Laptop for yourself. It offers best specs you can get for the price and it should be good enough for editing videos. But, I would recommend you to replace its HDD with SSD that will help in improving the video export time.

1. Gaston says:

Thanks and for $500 to $600?

1. Mike Johnson says:

For under $600, the Acer Aspire E 15 will be best option. You get all the entry level hardware which is best for starters in video editing.

3. Jason Strange says:

Hi Mike,
    I am a complete noob and am looking to travel and shoot 4k videos from drones and Go Pro Hero 6. Edit this and upload to youtube. After smallest laptop possible for weight but still needs to get the job done. Be a bonus if I can draw and design things also. What do you think? Budget up to 1500.

1. Mike Johnson says:

Hi Jason,

I would recommend you to buy the Lenovo Yoga 730. It is a convertible 15-inch laptop that weighs less than 3 pounds and it can be used for video editing and drawing both. As far as performance is concerned, this laptop doesn’t provide the best hardware you can get for the price for video editing. It is powered by an Intel Core i7-8550U processor with 16GB of RAM and has dedicated Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 GPU. You can get a laptop with better specs than this, but it won’t be smallest and lightest. So, overall I think this would be the perfect laptop for your requirements which supports pen (costs extra) inputs as well.

4. Martin says:

Hi!
    I recently bought GoPro hero 6 black and found out that my current laptop is way too outdated to play and edit HEVC 4K videos. So now I’m looking for new laptop for 4K video edditing (Adobe Premiere Pro, Corel Video Studio etc.) and which is able to play GoPro’s new codec HEVC/H.265.
    I was wondering if Acer Aspire E 15, 15.6″ Full HD, 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8250U, GeForce MX150, 8GB RAM Memory, 256GB SSD, E5-576G-5762 will be good enough? Budget max $900.

Greetings from Latvia!

1. Mike Johnson says:

Hi Martin,

As you can spend up to $900, I would recommend you to buy the Dell Inspiron i7577 to you. It has quad-core i5 processor and GTX 1060 GPU which can do a lot of heavy lifting.

5. Patrick says:

Hi, I just read all your whole article about the best laptops for video editing. For me, this far I’ve found that Dell Inspiron 7472 and Asus Zenbook UX430UN are both pretty good too. Here are some specs from these two (which are similar)
    i7-8550u (1.8Ghz, up to 4.0Ghz
    Nvidia GeForce GT MX150 2GB DDR5
    16 GB of RAM
    FHD Display (Trulife LED with dell, Splendid LED with Asus)
    What do you think about this? Should i grab one of this? Thank you!

1. Mike Johnson says:

Hi,
      These laptops would be good for basic video editing only as their GPU isn’t much powerful. You can check out Dell Inspiron 7577 with quad-core i5 and GTX 1060. It costs under $1000 and is capable enough to handle even 4K footages.