Laptop Under Budget is supported by its readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more

57 thoughts on “Top 10 Best Laptops for Video Editing – Our Most Recommended Laptops for YouTube & Film Editing”

1. Adam says:

Will Acer Nitro 5 with Intel Core i7-8750H, 16 GB (SO-DIMM DDR4, 2666MHz) and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti + Intel UHD Graphics 630 good enough for video editing?

1. Mike Johnson says:

Yup, definitely.

2. Joe says:

Thanks for this list.

1. Mike Johnson says:

You’re welcome Joe.

3. Ellie says:

Hi Mike,
    Between the Acer Aspire E 15 and HP Pavilion 15 you have on this list, which would you recommend for basic video editing on a budget, and why would you go with one over the other?

1. Mike Johnson says:

Hi Ellie,

If you’re starting with video editing and going to be serious about it, then I would recommend you to go with the HP Pavilion 15 laptop because it has better CPU and more powerful GPU. Of course, that added performance also makes it cost more than Acer Aspire E 15, but you’ll appreciate its performance if you’re planning to continue video editing for a long run.
      If you edit the videos occasionally, then get the Acer Aspire E 15. It is the best budget all-purpose laptop out there. It has adequately powerful CPU and GPU which output enough horsepowers to get you going through almost anything but a little bit slow sometimes than the HP Pavilion 15.

4. Jack Tortland says:

I need a solid laptop for video editing since I’m going off to college for film.
    I was looking at the MSI GS65 Stealth, which has the following specs:

15.6″ 144Hz Display, 95% sRGB coverage
    GTX 1060 6G GPU
    i7-8750H 6 Core CPU
    16GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM
    256GB SSD

It’s also ultra thin and easy to carry around.

With this in mind, would you still say the XPS 15 is better for video editing?

1. Mike Johnson says:

Hi Jack,
      The display on the Dell XPS 15 is slightly better as it has 100% sRGB coverage and it is a true 4K panel. However, specs on MSI GS65 are better as the most powerful GPU that the Dell XPS 15 can be bought with is GTX 1050 Ti. For film major, I think both are good options but if we talk about the Dell XPS 15 with i9 processor, 32GB RAM and GTX 1050 Ti in particular then this config could really change the game.

5. Florencia says:

Hello, which would be the main difference between Dell XPS 15 and VivoBook Pro? I have to decide between one of these two, I need it mostly for video editing and rendering and I want the best but the difference in the price disconcerted me. I can get the dell with 500GB SSD and on the other hand I can get the VivoBook with the exact characteristics you mentioned. Which is better?

1. Mike Johnson says:

Hi,

The main difference between both the models is display. Both are 4K panels but XPS 15 has better color accuracy (100% sRGB color gamut). If that’s important to you then get the XPS 15, otherwise VivoBook Pro is equally powerful and value for money offering from ASUS.