Laptop Under Budget is supported by its readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more

Top 10 Best Laptops For Programming – A One Stop Shop Guide

61 thoughts on “Top 10 Best Laptops For Programming – A One Stop Shop Guide”

1. Tony says:

Hi, what about the Razer Book 13?

1. Mike Johnson says:

Yeah pretty good option!

2. GRK says:

How about Dell inspiron 3593/HP15 DK0269TX
    I am going to join a engineering college now (electronics or cse),so considering all aspects will any of these be a good choice?

1. Mike Johnson says:

Hi,
      It would depend upon the specs you pick. Both the laptops are available with a varied specs options. You can check out our recommended specs in the article above to know about the minimum hardware you’ll need for programming in your laptop.

3. seun says:

Hello
    I have a Toshiba Terca Z40- A with Intel® Core™ i5-4310U CPU, 8GB RAM and 1TB SSD. But its slow when working with Android Studio. Should I upgrade the RAM or get another one?

1. Mike Johnson says:

Hi Seun,
      I think RAM upgrade should do it for you, unless you have any other problem with your laptop. Max out the RAM to 16GB and you will sure see the performance improvements. If you are facing any other issues and if they are hardware related, then you should get a new laptop.

4. Chrissie says:

Hi! I am struggling to choose between the 2018 Macbook Air and the 2018 13 inch macbook pro without touch bar because they are very similar and fit all my basic needs despite the differences in processing power as the Pro seems better. So which computer would you recommend would last the next 4 years of a Computer Science major?

1. Mike Johnson says:

Hi Chrissie,
      According to me, the MacBook Pro would be a better pick here. The processor on the MacBook Air is a current generation one, but it’s slightly less powerful than the one on MacBook Pro. Being a computer science student myself, I know what kind of programs CS students have to use and having a better processor makes a huge difference in the compile time of large projects. So, definitely MacBook Pro will be my pick.

2. mohammad saleh says:

I have a HP Pavilion 14 with an i7-8565U 8gb DDR4 2666 MHz memory 1TB hard drive windows 10 is it good enough for programming?

1. Mike Johnson says:

Yeah these are pretty great specs overall, however, if possible I would recommend to replace that 1TB HDD with the SSD. Otherwise, these specs are pretty decent for programming.