Laptop Under Budget is supported by its readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more

Top 10 Best Laptops Under $1000

24 thoughts on “Top 10 Best Laptops Under $1000”

1. Usman says:

I need a good looking fast laptop with decent specs for little gaming and watching movies. Cant decide which one to buy?.

1. Mike Johnson says:

There are quite a number of laptops I can recommend for you. Check the ASUS’s ZenBook laptops if you want to save some money, or if you are after the absolute best looking laptop check out the Dell XPS 13. To run the latest games I would recommend you to get the laptop with latest 11th Gen Intel processor with Xe integrated graphics. It might cost you a little more than $1000, though. If you’re on a budget, you can check out the AMD Ryzen 4000 series laptops.

2. Jessica says:

I haven’t bought a computer in almost 10 years… I need a new laptop mainly for work and going back to school online. I really want to keep it under $1000 but slightly over is OK as long as it will last. There are just so many options! Any advice?

1. Mike Johnson says:

Hi Jessica,
      I would recommend you to get the 2020 MacBook Pro. It is currently on discount will cost you $1,099 on Best Buy. It costs slightly more than $1000 but I think it will be perfect for your requirements.

3. Claudia says:

Hello, I am looking for 13″ laptop which is fast and light. Powerful enough to do at least multitasking such as opening many tab in browser while playing Spotify , and operating Microsoft Office without any problem. Mostly for blogging use.

1. Mike Johnson says:

Hi Claudia,
      How much you’re willing to spend for it? If it’s around $1000, then Dell XPS 13 is a great option. I would recommend you to check out our guide to buy 13-inch laptops. It will help you to make an informed purchase.

4. Albert says:

I am looking for an ultraportable laptop with 13 to 14 inch screen and at least 10 hours of battery life for office usage. What is my best choice?

1. Mike Johnson says:

Hi Albert,
      I think ASUS ZenBook 13 would be the best choice for you. It is a 13-inch ultrabook with adequate performance for office work, and its battery lasted for 10 hours in our tests.

5. Matt says:

I am looking for a laptop that is fast when multi-tasking with school work, watching movies, and can also hold up when gaming.

1. Mike Johnson says:

The absolute best laptop for gaming in $1000 price range right now is HP Omen 15. It has powerful hardware which will hold up to all your requirements and more. But, don’t expect more than 5 hours of battery life with it.